Saturday, September 24, 2016

Walk the line

Yesterday I was climbing the 437M high Mt Tamahunga and walking the iwi line tagging along with a friend who is trialling the DOC 'Walk the Line' trapping and bait station software App. It was steep country following ridges and crossing streams Wonderful bush but still quiet although extensive trapping is being carried out. The bush in the mist was quite beautiful.

By comparison today we are walking the Jutland reserve and Northboro reserve line. Anne -Elise picked up bait and headed off to the Northboro reserve and I eventually had my GPS batteries charged to check along the coastal bush at Jutland reserve. All the bait had gone so I replenished each bait station.

A bonus today was that the patch of bush lawyer that I have to contend with was full of flower.


Photos to follow.