Friday, March 2, 2018

eBird

I have been consistently uploading my Shoal Bay bird data to eBird since it was recommended by the Miranda Shorebird people. This is an excellent citizen science piece of software run by the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. I now have several hundred data entries of High Tide counts and other observations. These are not for public access but I do share the links with other interested parties including Auckland Council biodiversity people, Miranda people, and other interested folk..

 I still have some back dated entries going back to 2012 and also many photos to add. My method at a count is to photograph first then count using the scope. The photographs back up the counts and sometimes reveal something missed.

I will add a couple of links to this entry soon to share. More to follow