Sunday, August 8, 2010

Molly Goes Home!


I took this photograph of Molly Brett the UK artist and author of children's books, on a misty October morning many years ago. Miss Brett was collecting autumnal material, including bracken and fungi on Horsell Common to help with the preparation of another painting.

It was years later that I confirmed that it was indeed Molly Brett when some UK friends visiting New Zealand identified the artist from a framed enlargement I have in my hallway.

The photo accompanied with my diary notes have now returned to the UK to be part of an exhibition at the Lightbox Gallery entitled - Escape to Wonderland: A History of Children's Book Illustration.

The exhibition runs from the 7th August until the 2nd of Febuary 2011
Sadly Molly died in 1990 at the age of 88.