Saturday, March 31, 2018

Checking My Pulse

It's the start of our April bait pulse around Shoal and Ngataringa estuaries to knock down predators to help the wildlife around the Coastal forest edge of the estuary.  This morning we topped up the bait stations at Line 2 ( we have 12) and will re-visit to record bait take up and top up with more bait during the month.

Thinking of my pulse I was reminded of the repercussions following another enjoyable  two month travel in Western Australia during 2017. This time I had been enjoying the wild native orchid season and helping with a Fairy Tern project on the coast. However I only just made it back to NZ to experience a near encounter with the 'Grim Reaper'. Hence why no posts on this site during October.
 We are warned that everything in OZ is out to either bite or kill you and I can vouch for that. So if I appear in a hurry to visit friends, places and get things done it's that experience that is driving me.

So what's next.........?